Thursday, January 29, 2009

My baby isn't a baby anymore

Today I took my children to the dentist. It seems like a weird place to realize your babies aren't babies anymore but well, that's where I had the huge epiphany.

My oldest was lying in the chair and they are telling her how many teeth she has left to come in and it hit me, she isn't that little girl anymore that used to run around half naked and didn't care. Now she is so modest that she stays completely covered at all times (I'm not complaining) She can't just crawl up in my lap anymore and snuggle up to me and fall asleep. She tries sometimes but since she's taller than me.... well you do the math.

I have other children younger than her and bless her heart she seems to be the guinea pig to my trial and error that helps me to know what to do or not do with the other 2.

As I look back on her 12 short years, I remember all the things that have been such a blessing to me, like her first step, her first word (it wasn't momma), her first boo-boo, first disagreement with a friend, first ballgame, the list goes on and on. I miss having that little girl but I am so thankful to get to be here to watch her grow from that little baby to the young lady she is becoming. It helps me to realize how much the Lord loves me. To feel that I and my husband are worthy of these children. I cannot imagine my life without them. Trust me, they drive me absolutely bonkers at times but just the same they can bring up a since of pride and love unimaginable in me.

So while I miss the days gone by, I am so looking forward to the milestones ahead, the good and the bad. I can't wait to see what direction the Lord takes my girls and I pray that the things we instill in them are enough and that they make good decisions. I know they will hit many bumps in the road but I will always be here to pick them up no matter how grown up they are. Isn't that what Mommies are for?

No comments:

Post a Comment