Sunday, January 11, 2009

God is on my side

I am really not sure what to blog tonight. I have started many different topics but have erased them all. The thing I keep coming back to is that I am blessed. Even in the midst of all my family is going through right now, I am blessed.

This morning in Sunday school I taught on Joseph and all he endured, from the hatred of his brothers, to slavery, to false accusations, to being jailed. Yet through it all he held steadfast to the Lord. Boy, I thought I had it bad! Even while Joseph was in the pit the Lord was working his plan and how Joseph would be a great man who would play an important part in many people's lives.

This story reinforced several things with me. One being, that there is always someone in worse shape than I am. Two, God is always on my side. But most importantly, God's plan is not my own and He will get glory out of even our darkest and deepest pits! No matter how low we go all we have to do is look up to find hope. I know that at times it is hard to find the good in a bad situation and truly you may not see it for many years, but I promise it will be there.

While I have not endured the exact same things that Joseph endured, I do endure my time in the pit. Satan would have me stay there continuously, but that is not where the Lord wants me, or any of us for that matter. So I am thankful that even when I stomp my foot and say "Why me Lord, Why do I have to do this again?" (apparently I didn't figure it out the first, second or third time I had to go through it), that He still reaches down and pulls me out. I too often forget to hold steadfast to Him and know that He is working for my good.

So as I write this I realize I need to take my own advice and look up and find hope. I know it's there and all I have to do is reach up and grab it. So as I close to pray, I encourage you that if you feel low and like there is no hope, do the same, fall on your knees and cry out to Jesus. Nothing is impossible for the Lord.

Remain steadfast in the Lord, and remember He is always on your side and working for your good.

Holding steadfast in the Lord,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment